EXPLORING LUDLOW & THE MARCHES
Many of our guests come to stay at Redford Farm Barns to escape for a few days and truly relax and indulge in good company, good food and good drink. However, if you did have the need to venture out then there are many lovely things to do and amazing places to visit. We are nestled in the South Shropshire hills on the borders of Herefordshire and Worcestershire so you have easy access to best of 3 counties to explore. We have a more detailed guide in our barns to all the local suppliers but here's a taster to get you excited!
FOOD, DRINK, & INTERIORS
SCENIC WALKS, CYCLING TRAILS, & HISTORIC SITES
We have beautiful rural walks on our doorstep taking in local wildlife, handsome oak trees and amusing livestock. Our landscapes change through the seasons, from frosty lanes in winter, to buttercup fields in May, to golden hay bales in the summer to abundant hedgerow harvesting opportunities in Autumn. Not to mention our endless supply of apples to make home-made apple juice. Ask and we can lend you our press for the weekend.
We have maps in the barns of our local walks but if you fancy a trip out, here are a few of our favourite spots ...
- The Clee Hills - part of the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Continue for endless miles of beauty on the Shropshire way.
- Mortimer Forest and High Vinnalls - wonderful woodland walks and great cycle tracks for kids
- Mortimer Trail - forests, woods, leafy river banks and celtic hill forts and medieval castles
- Carding Mill Valley - breathtaking exposed heathland and streams to play in
- The Marches - there are many walking and cycle routes near The Marches and if you'd like to try a day out and hire bikes then go to Wheely Wonderful Cycling - cycle along stunning country lanes into Leintwardine to refresh yourself with a drink at the pub by the river or a picnic on route.